5 day tour in Jodhpur with Photographers Jamie Mackie and Jennifer Sanchez (dimplesanddaisies.com)
This hands on Photography tour will take you through the twisting labyrinth of Jodhpur. Known as the blue city, Jodhpur sits under the towering Mehrangarh fort with its 16th century walls surrounding the ancient streets of the old city. Expect bazaars, banyan tree wrapped temples and cows filling the exotic blue painted streets. If India is a photographers paradise and Rajasthan is the most photogenic region in India then Jodhpur must be heaven!
Owing to the small size of the group (8 people max) it will be a very practical workshop with time spent shooting with at least one photographer per day. We will work in small groups of two or three to maximise our chances of getting great natural people shots, we will then change groups after lunch so everyone gets to learn from both photographers. Be prepared for long days walking as all day will be spent shooting with short breaks for lunch, although if you want a break then thats obviously fine. There will be a strong focus on street photography and people photography so will get plenty of chances to capture some truly unique images of people. We will be approaching locals so building confidence and people skills will be a large part of the learning experience. This will not be a luxury photo tour where models are used and shots are set up for you, you will have to learn! All images will be captured on the streets, in shops or markets.
Learning from TWO photographers will give you a unique insight into how both photographers work and at the end of each day you will receive critique on your days work. There will also be coaching on how to make your images work for you and how to become a creative professional using your art.
After the tour expect to come away with a unique portfolio of work and a newfound confidence to travel independently with improved people skills. You will feel that travelling alone and making amazing photos is totally possible and incredibly rewarding.
PRICE: £995 Per Person
- Accommodation in a local hotel with air conditioned room.
- All local transport
- Tutoring from TWO photographers for the duration of the tour
- Coaching on how to make a living from your work
- Photo critique at the end of each day
- A digital camera that you are familiar with. Its ok to shoot with film but be aware you will not be able to review your images. A wide angle lens is advised but having a zoom lens as well is fine. You must be able to confidently use your camera, we will be too busy shooting to teach settings.
- Spare batteries and enough memory cards for the tour. Having a way to back up your images is highly advisable. You will be shooting hundreds of images a day if not thousands, please make sure you have a way to store the images, we don't want you to run out of memory!
- A laptop with editing software such as lightroom or photoshop if you want to receive critique. You must know how to use the editing software to a good degree.
- Comprehensive travel insurance and relevant vaccinations. We can NOT provide insurance for you. We can advise you as to what insurance we use but you MUST provide your own travel insurance. You must also be of good health and have a good level of fitness as there will be lots of walking and it can get hot during the day.
- An unlocked mobile phone with a local sim so we can stay in contact during the tour. We can help you with the local sim if needed.
- A sense of humour! This will be hectic and exciting. India can be frustrating at times but being able to see the funny side will make the experience truly magical. And you always get better shots when you're having fun!
Payments and Cancellations:
- Price includes tuition, local transport for duration of tour, accommodation during tour, breakfast. You are required to purchase your own airfare, travel insurance, visas, food, drink and must cover any other costs during the workshop.
- A deposit of 50% of the total fee is required at time of booking. This is refundable if cancelled 60 days before the start of the tour. The balance must be paid 30 days before the start of the tour.
- The deposit is non-refundable if cancelled less than 60 days before the start of the tour. Payments may be made via bank transfer or Paypal. You must pay any bank charges or currency conversion fees.
- Please note this workshop requires a minimum of six participants. If the numbers are not met you will be fully refunded. If the workshop is cancelled by us for any reason you will be fully refunded.
- It is advised that you do not book anything such as flights or visas until after the tour is confirmed as we cannot refund any travel expenses.